This website www.infinitylab.co.nz
(Website) is operated by Pacificomm Group Limited (we, us, and our). We are a distributor of InfinityLab products in New Zealand for Harman International Industries, Incorporated (Harman).
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information from you when we deliver products, conduct marketing activities, gather feedback, provide customer support, fulfil product orders and run our business operations.
When you sign up or when you set up your account or profile, the information we collect may include your name, email address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, country where you reside and other information that may help us better provide the products or services to you.
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may also automatically collect information from your use of the Website and your computer hardware and software. This information includes:
- Device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information).
- Log information. When you use the Website, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, such as usage data, usage detail and device event information (e.g., crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and referral URL);
- Location information. We may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors. For example, if the Website or a product or service can provide driving direction, traffic reporting, recommendation of establishments near your location, and similar services, then we may collect your device’s real-time or compiled geographical information in order to provide such services to you. To prevent location information from being collected by us at any time, you can turn off your device’s location-tracking functionality;
- Information we collect when you are signed in to the Website or services may be associated with your account. When information is associated with your account, we treat it as personal information.
You may visit the Website anonymously if you wish, by using appropriate software or webservices available from our through third parties.
We also collect credit card and billing information from users who make purchase from our online store. We use this information to bill the customer for product purchases. Credit card data will not be saved. Collection and processing of credit cards is performed by a third party service provider in a secure environment. These third party providers are not authorised or permitted to use personal information for any reason other than pertaining to those transactions.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- Communicate with you and identifying you as a user of the Website or products or services, including contacting you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current products and services or potential new services that may be offered and sending you periodic emails, information and updates in relation to your order;
- Verify your identity or provide you with a replacement password when you forget your username or password for an account you have with us;
- Send you marketing materials to inform you of other products and services available from us or Harman and its affiliated or related companies. You generally must opt-in to receiving these marketing materials, and you may opt out of receiving them at any time. You can opt out of marketing communications by indicating your preference when you sign up for our services. You may also contact us to opt out of our marketing communications by using the contact details set out below or using the “unsubscribe” facility included on all such communications. We will remove you from corresponding mailing lists as soon as is practicable.
- Respond to your questions and fulfil your requests;
- Provide support, including warranty support, and receive feedback;
- Analyse Website usage, trends and statistics;
- Improve the Website and any related services;
- Identify and investigate illegal activity such as fraud;
- Any other purpose with your consent; and
- As otherwise permitted or required under any applicable law.
Sharing Your Information
We will not sell or lease your personal information. However, we may share your information for the reason(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect it, with your consent, as well as in the following ways:
- if and when you direct us to. For example, you may ask us to share your personal information when you wish to interact with other users or post certain information on social media;
- as reasonably necessary to (i) assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions, (ii) enforce any legal rights we may have, or (iii) to protect the safety of you, us or others;
- where we are otherwise required or permitted by law to disclose the information; and
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside New Zealand. For example, we may disclose personal information service providers or product manufacturers based offshore. In addition, the Website and systems may also be based on servers located outside of New Zealand. Where we do this, we will take all reasonable steps to make sure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. The country to which we are most likely to send your personal information outside New Zealand is the United States of America and Singapore.
Protecting Your Information
We use reasonable organisational and technical security measures designed to preserve the security of your personal information, including without limitation, encryption technologies and authentication tools. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Note, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet. We suggest that you change your passwords often, that your passwords include a combination of letters and numbers, and that you make certain that you are using a secure browser. Products and services are available which can help give you privacy protection while navigating the Web.
You should notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your user name or password or any other breach of security to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
The Website may provide links to third party websites operated by organisations not affiliated with us. We do not disclose your personal information to organisations operating such linked third party websites. We do not review or endorse, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices of these organisations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit so that you can understand how the personal information you provide will be collected, stored, used and distributed.
- provide you with a better experience when you use the Website or products and services;
- help you log onto the Website or services by remembering your settings and preferences;
- help us keep your information safe and secure;
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, but you may experience loss of functionality as a result.
Please note that some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (DNT) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including the Website, may not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Access and Correction
You have the right to access personal information about you and/or request that corrections or changes are made to it if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved, subject to some exceptions provided at law.
We provide a means to create a personal account or profile of personal information when you register on the retail section of the Website. We realise that your personal information, including your name and e-mail address, is subject to change. To the extent that you provide us with personal information, we wish to maintain its accuracy. Our goal is to provide a variety of means for you to contact us should you need to update or correct your personal information. To change or delete the information in your personal account, by selecting "My Account" on the top menu bar of the online section of the Website and follow the prompts to edit your profile
You can also make requests to access or correct your personal information by contacting us using the details below. Please quote your name and address and note this request for the attention of the Privacy Officer and, if possible, provide brief details of what information you want a copy of (this helps us to more readily locate your information).
We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are required or authorised to refuse such access by law. In some cases, there may be a charge associated with retrieving and providing a copy of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information.
All such enquiries should be directed to:
If you would like to write to us:
Pacificomm Group Limited
Level 5, 151 Victoria Street West
Oversights and Questions